ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Fri Sep 14 2018
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Florence, near the North Carolina coast, on Tropical Storm Helene,
located over the northeastern Atlantic Ocean, on Tropical Depression
Isaac, located in the eastern Caribbean Sea, and on Tropical Storm
Joyce, located about 1000 miles west-southwest of the Azores.
- Shower activity has changed little in organization in association
with an elongated area of low pressure located over the western Gulf
of Mexico. Although this system probably will not develop into a
tropical depression before it moves onshore of Texas later today,
it is likely to bring heavy rainfall and gusty winds across portions
of northeastern Mexico and Texas through Saturday. Interests there
should monitor the progress of this system, and refer to products
from their local weather office.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
- A broad area of low pressure could form near Bermuda late this
weekend or early next week. Additional development, if any, is
expected to be slow while the system moves little.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.